Roast Potato Salad

Hello Dear Reader,

Like most blokes, our son is not a huge fan of lettuce-y type salads, preferring something with a bit of body and more filling than a lighter salad would be. Enter this beaut little salad. There is a little bit of green in the form of good handfuls of mint and parsley and also some protein in the form of boiled eggs, so as far a nutrition goes, I don't think it's too bad, definitely not an everyday salad though, but for special occasions, I think it is wonderful. The dressing I used was one I made a while ago, a lovely light and tangy Apple Cider Vinaigrette , it went perfectly with the soft, blank canvas of the potatoes and eggs. 

Ingredients for Roast Potato Salad, clockwise from left-
1 kg of potatoes (I used red skinned potatoes as they keep their shape) peeled and cut into chunks, Apple Cider Vinaigrette, a good handful each of mint and parsley and 3 eggs

Hard boil the eggs, peel and set aside until needed. Par boil the potatoes until just starting to soften, drain well, put into a large bowl, add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil to the cooked potatoes and gently stir to coat (I use a soft silicon spatula), season them well with salt and pepper, then put onto a lined oven tray and roast until golden brown and crunchy

Once potatoes are golden brown and crunchy put them into a large bowl

Now add the chopped herbs and vinaigrette, toss well to coat

Gently turn out onto a serving platter and then snuggle the quartered, boiled eggs around and under the roasted potatoes and drizzle with extra vinaigrette, serve while still warm

What kind of salad do your family like?

Have a terrific Tuesday

6 comments

  1. My favourite salads always have roasted pumpkin in them. I love that flavour so much. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Meg,I love roast pumpkin too, I sometimes give it some extra love with maple syrup and cinnamon to make it extra special. Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  2. My husband and son are similar Fiona. I on the other hand love greens and salads - rabbit food as they say.
    They like heavier type salads such as pasta, rice and potato salads. Roasting the veggies really makes so much difference.
    Your potato salad looks super tasty.
    You are such a good cook.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Kylie,
      I love a green tossed salad with lots of interesting bits in it too, especially roast pumpkin. Thanks for your kind feedback, have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Goodmorning Mr HM,
      Yes, I agree, I was born to eat potatoes in all their forms😊 Mmm roast potatoes. Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete

Back to Top