Chickpea and Coriander Dip

Hello Dear Reader,


While I was giving the freezer a bit of a tidy up over the weekend, I discovered I had one lonely packet of cooked and frozen chickpeas left. I cook chickpeas in bulk in the slow cooker and freeze them down into 250 gram lots, then, when needed I just pull out a packet from the freezer. I freeze the cooked chickpeas in 250 gram lots, as this is the weight of chickpeas in a 400 gram can after they have been drained and a recipe usually calls for "a can of chickpeas".

And as my sawtooth perennial Coriander has gone a bit nuts in the veggie pod I thought I would make a Chickpea and Coriander dip. It is such a delicious dip, great with crackers or veggie crudités, its also wonderful on a toast with fresh tomato on top. I make this recipe in my Thermomix but any food processor would be totally fine.

Ingredients for Chickpea and Coriander Dip, clockwise from top centre-
1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed or home cooked equivalent, 1 teaspoon cumin, juice of half a plump lime, 1 garlic clove, grated on a microplane, 2 teaspoons of sweet chilli sauce, a good bunch of coriander or 6 leaves of sawtooth/perennial coriander, roughly chopped 

Throw all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth

That's it! Such a deliciously fresh tasting dip or spread

What do you cook in bulk and freeze for a later date?

Have a lovely day

5 comments

  1. This recipe couldn't have come at a better time, my coriander is just about to bolt to seed, I can get one more harvest out of it if I make this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a dry mix for parsley and thyme stuffing to go with poultry and bag it up into portions and keep it in the freezer ready for roast chicken dinners. Also I cook up batches of our cooking apples and keep in the freezer ready for easy puddings or apple sauce to go with roast pork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stuffing sounds just divine, my Mum used to make a mint and onion stuffing for her roast chickens, I still, have never tasted anything like it. I love your idea of cooking apples and then freezing them, apples go with so much, don't they? Have a lovely weekend.
      Fi

      Delete
  3. Oh Fiona, I just had to write back and tell you I just made this dip and it is TO DIE FOR!
    The only thing I had to do to it was to add a little hot water when I blitzed it, I don't have a Thermomix, I used one of those Nutribullets :)
    Absolutely love it, I'm sitting here eating it with some slices of carrot!
    I can't wait to see what the family thinks of it.
    Thanks for such a great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening Cheryl,
      I am so happy you loved it, it is yummy isn't? Love, love, love coriander and lime, it's a match made it heaven. Have a lovely weekend.
      Fi

      Delete

Back to Top