Apple Cider Vinaigrette

Hello Dear Reader,


While we were on holidays we ate some wonderful food, including a beautiful salad that was on a lunch menu, one day"Apple Pecan Salad" with a fantastic Apple Cider Vinaigrette. This salad really caught my attention, it was crisp and light with lots of crunch and interesting textures, topped off with a delightful tangy dressing. I took a photo of the salad description off of the menu so I wouldn't forget it, as I really wanted to try and replicate it when I got home. 


As usual I tinkered with the "recipe" to suit our taste and also what I had on hand, I made it last Friday to have with some pan fried reef fish and it was so delicious, I think it will become a firm favourite, especially in our summer months. I made this vinaigrette using the classic salad dressing combination of oil, acid, some sweetness and something from the allium family.

In a wide mouthed jar combine-

1/4 cup of olive oil
1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 to 1 tablespoon finely diced brown or red onion
Salt and pepper to taste

Blitz everything using an immersion blender, until perfectly smooth, use at room temperature. Any leftovers can be stored for up to one week, bring back to room temperature before using.



Have a lovely day.


P.S. I hope you like the new look, I am still tinkering with it, there is only one glitch, my other page "My Year of Less Stuff" is all wonky. I will try and fix it sometime today. 

12 comments

  1. That sounds super yummy - I've printed it off to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joolz, it is such a lovely dressing, really easy too.
      Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  2. Fiona, I have pinned the recipe so I can make it soon. A few bloggers I know are changing their templates around at the moment. I thought I might but I think I would have to spend too much time fixing it up again once everything had been moved around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nanna Chel,
      It was more than a challenge for me to change the look of the blog, I am not tech savvy at all and I really just have to go through the steps really slowly. It did create some havoc within the blog but I contacted support and they were able to guide me through correcting the jumbled formatting. I do love the new look though, it is tidier and easier to navigate.
      Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  3. I love using apple cider vinegar ... it's so good for you! I made a dressing with it a little while ago that went with a rice salad. This dressing looks delicious too:) Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodmorning Meg, it is a really wonderful dressing, light and creamy.
      Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      On the cruise we had some professional photos taken to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We are absolutely thrilled with them. I have always loved black and white photos, there is something very special about them.
      Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love your new template and your profile photo is just beautiful.
    Your last photo is so good too. I think I would have quite a few takes to get that one right.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie, I do love that photo and I love the new look of the blog, thanks for leading the way. Lovely hubby helped with that photo, the dressing dripping off the spoon, there were only a couple of takes😉Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I love its simplicity, and it uses everyday ingredients as well, nothing too fancy. Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete

Back to Top