Easy Honey Soy Chicken


Hello Dear Reader,


This recipe came about when I needed a super quick and easy dish to make on a busy weeknight, I knew I wanted honey and soy but also wanted it to be full of flavour, not just sweet and salty. Enter this beaut little recipe. All you do is slice the chicken finely, mix up the sauce and get the two together. I served mine with steamed Basmati rice and asian greens and it was, indeed, quick and delicious.

Ingredients for Easy Honey Soy Chicken, clockwise from top right-
1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 garlic cloves, grated on a microplane, 2 tablespoons ginger, grated on a microplane, 1 kg chicken thigh fillets, 1 1/2 tablespoons honey and 2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce 

Slice the chicken finely 

Add all other ingredients to a bowl and mix well, set aside 

Brown chicken in batches, once finished, add all the chicken back to frypan 

Pour over the sauce and bring to a gentle simmer for 10 minutes 

Sprinkle over spring onions 

Delicious and very quick

You can have this dinner on the table in under 45 minutes, first get your rice on, start the dish and while it is simmering, prepare and cook your green vegetable that you want to serve with it. A complete meal in under 45 minutes, what's not to love.

So, tell me, what is your go to, super quick and easy meal, when you are pushed for time? 

1 comment

  1. My kids love honey chicken but the type made with a batter so it is time consuming. My twist on the dish is to add lemon to the honey and sprinkle with chia seeds instead of sesame. Last night I made a Paleo butter chicken recipe from My Heart Beets. I sub coconut oil for ghee. It has a few spices but once you have the ingredients assembled it's a quick and popular cook. Another the free recipe from the same website which is a hit with hubby is slow cooker goat curry. My husband is from Africa and loves goat but lamb could be used instead.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top