Thursday, 11 May 2017

Simple, Wholesome Oat-y-Date-y-Banana Muffins

Hello Dear Reader,

I had 4 daggy bananas left in the fruit bowl a few weeks ago, so I sliced them, laid them in a single layer on a tray and put them in the freezer. Once frozen I popped them into a container in the freezer, waiting for the perfect recipe to come along. I spied this great little recipe over at Home is my Haven but didn't want to use so many eggs. I guess this habit comes from my Mum who never made a cake with more than two eggs.


Anyway, I then found this recipe over at "Pinch of Yum"and thought I would give it a whirl, I have tinkered with the recipe, adding 1/2 a cup of walnuts and using more bananas, I'm guessing, the worst that could happen is they would taste more banana-ry and may be more moist, so in went the whole four bananas instead of the three called for, in the original recipe.

It takes no time at all to put together, you just bung everything in the Thermomix or food processor, blitz until smooth, pop into a muffin tray and bake. I baked these little morsels of goodness while I was cooking the rice and veggie last night for dinner.

Ingredients for Simple, Wholesome, Oat-y-Date-y Banana Muffins, 
clockwise from top left-
2 cup of old fashioned oats, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 4 bananas, mashed, 3/4 cup dates (if your dates are dry, soak them for a few minutes in warm water to soften, drain before use), 1/2 cup walnuts and 2 eggs

Preheat oven to 180 C. Line a muffin tray with papers or silicon moulds. Put everything into the Thermomix bowl

And blitz for 30 seconds on speed 5, scrape down sides and blitz again for 30 seconds on speed 5

Spoon into muffins papers or silicon muffin moulds and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, every oven is different so start checking at 15 minutes 

Serve warm with butter 

These really are little morsels of goodness, so don't expect fluffy, light, cake like muffins. These are perfect for a nutritious breakfast or morning tea. Not too sweet, nutty and delicious.

Do you look for recipes that don't use so many eggs or expensive ingredients?



No comments:

Post a Comment