Thursday, 4 May 2017

Home

Hello Dear Reader,


In a couple of days we will be leaving this beautiful place to go back home, we have had a lovely week of fishing, walking the beach and just relaxing. There have been many afternoon naps and early evenings so I have well and truly banked some quality sleep into my bones, I just love it. I am coming back home, one year older and that is totally fine with me, growing older is a good thing.

I love this honest quote from Nigella-

"My mother died at 48, my sister at 31, my first husband at 47. So, when people can't get older, that's a tragedy. The notion that somehow getting older is a bad thing is really strange to me, because the alternative is worse"

I think that sums up how I feel about getting older, I feel wonderful, I still look okay, I greet the early morning and embrace the day. I live a simple life with a lovely man, our adult children are happy, healthy and living a stable life, I have a home that I love and cherish, I have enough of everything I need to make me happy. That is enough for me.

I am looking forward to going home, it is my sanctuary, my place of comfort, a place where we have created a simple life for us and our family. Good food, a clean and tidy home and each other, what more would I want?


What does home mean to you?

4 comments:

  1. Well said Fiona, I couldn't agree more! Pleased you are coming back home energized and relaxed. Regards Robyne S.A

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much truth in that quote, Fiona. There are many for whom life is so very short and to be given the gift of days in a long lifetime is a blessing. Lovely that you had such a happy birthday week away. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your contentment is infectious, glad you had such a wonderful time away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words. Contentment is so under-rated. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete